Blogger templates

Sunday 12 August 2012

Protest, Italian defender Emanuele Pesoli chained themselves in FIGC headquarters


Because sentenced banned for three years, Emanuele Pesoli deliberately chained himself at the gate of the headquarters of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC).

Former Siena central defender was convicted for setting score, Friday (10/08/2012) yesterday in the trial Scommessopoli scandal. In addition to chaining himself, Pesoli also on a hunger strike in protest against the sentence.

Men 31 years old, who recently joined the Serie B club, Verona, on July 21 and had demanded to meet with key witnesses and Filippo Carlo Gervasoni Carobbio. Until sentencing, he had a confrontation with the couple's key witness in court.

"I want a confrontation in court for this injustice so that I can defend themselves well," said Pesoli as reported by Gazzetta dello Sport.

"The only fault I was answering phone calls when they asked me to set the score of the game. In fact I said no! I am innocent and I will prove it, "he said.

"This is a strong protest, they ruined my life for something I did not. Before I was forced to give up football, I want to fight with all the strength I have.

"I'll wait here for the generosity of FIGC officials, hopefully President Giancarlo Abete," he said.

The penalty imposed on Pesoli occur in the same case happened with the Juventus coach Antonio Conte. The man who brought Juve Scudetto last season, got suspended for 10 months following the match due to not report a match-fixing when he was still the coach of Siena.
Share on :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright The Soccer Forces 2011 - Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger.com.
Template Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates and Theme4all